Friday, October 1, 2010

SCRATCH

Photoshop was definitely new to me, I’ve known about it forever but I never actually sat down and used it. So going into the scratch project I had no idea what I was doing and it took me awhile to get used to using all the tools. Going into the project I knew I wanted all the images to all have something in common to tie them together but I wasn’t sure how. I really liked how in “The Mellow Pad” Stuart Davis has the title in the painting, so I decided I would add the word “Scratch” to every image I created because it is the scratch project. I didn’t know what I was going to end up with when I started the project I just sort of played around and ended up with all my images.

I guess I would have to say my favorite image is my 90’s saved by the bell looking image, with all the different music related shapes. This was the last image I created. I used the lasso tool a lot to make this image, which I had stayed away from with the other two. I would have to say the lasso tool is my favorite tool, but I also like how in Photoshop you can layer. The layer tool makes creating an image really fun, because you can build off of  different layers, and if you don’t like what you have you can just delete the layer and not lose any of your previous work.

1 comment: