Friday, October 29, 2010

POSTER



For the poster project I chose to do movie posters, because I love movies and Im a huge movie buff. I also love the look of movie posters especially old bad horror movies. This was the motive behind my Spaghetti Tuesday poster. I got the idea for spaghetti tuesday from a market I drive by all the time that boasts about having the best spaghetti but they only serve on tuesday. I always thought this would be a good band name so I was tempted to do a band poster but I thought it would make a better movie poster.
As for my technique I liked how in the Stenberg brothers posters things overlapped and were oddly placed. Which I kind of did in my uncle sam poster with the phone placement. Originally that poster was meant to be a propaganda poster but I wasnt sure where I was going with it. I just liked the idea of "Its for you" instead of "I want you".  I also used lines in this poster to lead to Uncle Sam to drawing the eye there.
Overall the affect I wanted to create for my audience was to humor them, movies are entertaining so I figured the movie poster should be too. I think the Spaghetti Tuesday is my best poster and conveys my theme the best. It fits the bad old movie poster look I was going for and also is so ridiculous that its funny.


No comments:

Post a Comment