Sunday, October 24, 2010

PICTURE



I feel I learned the different things from both projects. In "Alphabet Soup" I learned to see things in a different way and to think outside the box, in order to create letters through images. In "Picturing the Other" I learned to see people in different ways, and I would have to say that this was my favorite part. When I found out we had to take a picture of a stranger I instantly thought of who I would choose. Everyday I drive by the guy and he is always full of smiles and seems to really enjoy his job and everyday he waves at everyone driving by. I was a little aprehensive about going up to someone and asking to take their picture; as some people can be wierded out by it, but I went up and introduced myself and told him about the project and he was ok with it. I was actually shocked by his reaction and when I was leaving he told me that I had made his day. It was really cool to see how just taking a picture of someone lets you take a glimpse of their life and most people are willing to share that with you.





As for any technical things that I did with my images, I basically just took the picture and messed around with the saturation, color and the exposure on my computer. I haven't had a chance to mess around with my images on Photoshop. I didn't crop any of my pictures or really think too much about lighting.

No comments:

Post a Comment